Thursday, October 22, 2020

Clip and Cover Activities

When making my busy boxes for my daughter I realized there were certain things I wanted her to work on with the clip and cover box. She loves the idea of using the clothespins, but she also likes using the computer or tablet to do some of the activities as well.

I decided to make my own clip and cover activities that can be used 3 ways.

1. Printable - all of my clip and cover activities can be printed on computer paper and laminated or on card stock. I recommend printing them with 4 slides per page so that it does not use up as much paper, but they could also be printed 1 or 2 per page as well. When you go to File, click on Print settings and preview, and then change where it says 1 slide per page to Handout - 4 slides per page. It prints best in landscape.

2. Digital activity - if you would like for your child/student to complete the activity and then submit it so that you can grade it, you can assign them a copy of the presentation. There is a clothespin image on the right side in the grey area that they can drag and drop to the correct match.

3. Self-checking Digital activity - this version allows your child/student to work independently on the activity. If they click on the wrong match, it will take them to a page that says oops, try again. If they click on the correct match, then it will take them to the next slide. Students should use this in Present mode, so they do not need editing access to the presentation. The one downside, is the teacher will not know what the students click on, so this would be more of a center activity where the students are just practicing.

Each activity linked below has all 3 of these version already built into the one Google Slides presentation.

I myself making more of these in the future, but I started off with ones that my daughter can use to practice for school.

Match the uppercase letter to the lowercase letter.

Match the image on the right that rhymes with the larger image on the left.

Choose the letter that begins the word in the image.

Choose the letter that ends the word in the image.


Click on the links above to get your free copy!


Instagram: @mrspotterstyle
Twitter: @apotter730

No comments:

Post a Comment