Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Morning Meeting Greetings

This is my first year doing a morning meeting with my class, so I have been collecting resources and ideas throughout the school year.

The morning meeting consists of the following components:
  • Greeting
    • I do not follow the traditional morning meeting method of greeting where students sit in a circle and everyone takes turns saying hello to the person next to them every single day. I do use this method every now and then, and definitely at the beginning of the year when we are establishing our classroom community.
  • Sharing
    • This is a time for students to share based on a question. (I plan to share my questions in the next month or so)
  • Activity
    • Most of the time my activity has to do with what's going on in the current month (for example Black History Month) or includes some type of SEL lesson. (also planning to share in the future)
  • Message
    • Because I teach 5th grade, I told have the traditional message posted on the board, but instead use this time to talk about the day and anything important that is happening that the students need to know about.
One thing that I have enjoyed creating each day is different type of greetings to keep the kids engaged. Below I am sharing my morning meeting greeting ideas that we have come up with so far. This will continue to grow as we finish out this school year.

There are currently 60 slides (at the time of this post), so make sure you add the Google Slides document to your drive in order to see the growing collection.

The fun thing about some of the greetings, is allowing the students to interpret how they want to use the idea to say good morning to their classmates.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment