Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful.

This year has been weird. We are going through something that I never thought we would go through in our lifetime, but it has been a time to truly reflect and be thankful. I know some people may not feel this way, because this year has taken A LOT from us. People have lost loved ones, jobs, homes, and a daily life that we were used to.

For me, though, I've used this month to sit back and be thankful.

I am thankful for family. I am lucky that Covid has not affect my family personally. We have been able to have our parents come to visit at different times in a safe manner. We were able to have our family beach trip in August. In a year where many of our trips have been canceled, being able to safely spend time with family was such a blessing.

I am thankful that I have a job where I can safely work at home, while also helping my daughter attend kindergarten in a virtual setting. I am happy with the way my county has handled the idea of virtual learning and tried to prepare us teachers as best as they could for charting this unknown territory. I am also thankful for my husband's job. Working in a restaurant throughout this pandemic has not been easy for some, but his company really created a good path for them to navigate while making sure to take care of their people.

I am thankful for my kids, who have taught me a lot of patience this year. There have been many struggles while being stuck at home with them for the past 8 months. But we have learned to appreciate all of this extra time together.

I am thankful for friends, especially those who I can call up to talk at any time of the day. Not being able to visit and be with friends as often as we normally would has been hard. I enjoy being social, I enjoy being able to get together for happy hours, dinner, fire pits and this year it has been really tough to do that. So being able to pick up the phone and chat is always a great thing.

I truly hope that things start to turn around for the better. This year has been full of ups and downs. While some may find it hard to be thankful for anything, we must continue to look forward. Things will get better. Keep your head up. Stay safe. Wear a mask.


Instagram: @mrspotterstyle
Twitter: @apotter730



No comments:

Post a Comment