Saturday, July 8, 2017

Introduction and Brain Dump

Hi I'm Amber and I'm a workaholic. I mean, here I am currently on summer break AND technically maternity leave and I've decided to start up a blog.

Now, I tried blogging before about 3 years ago and I just wasn't successful. I would create a new post every week for a month and then go missing for 2 months. The problem was, I didn't have a plan. I was using the blog to try and promote items I made for TPT (and let's be honest, the items weren't all that great compared to what people do now), but it was my first attempt and it was a failure.

Fast forward 3 years later and I now I feel like I have so much more to share with the wonderful world wide web, so I sat down and created a plan for how often I would blog and what types of things I would blog about. No more selflessly trying to sell my items. (Now when I create things I just give them away rather than try and make a measly 75 cents off a document that to be honest anyone could create.)

Let me begin by introducing myself. As mentioned, my name is Amber and I am an elementary school teacher who happens to have a love of all things technology. I grew up in Williamsburg, Virginia. I attended George Mason University and received a Bachelor's in Marketing, absolutely hated the business world and decided to get my Masters in Education. I taught for 3 years in third grade in Fairfax and then moved to Maryland where I have taught both third grade and fifth grade.

So here's the plan:

I am definitely going to be blogging once a week on Thursdays. I am going to have a "Technology Thursday" where I focus on different types of educational technology and how I use them in my classroom.

My goal is to also post one other day throughout the week to showcase something about my classroom. Some ideas I have already are things like classroom set up, Daily 5, math rotations, Words Their Way, small group instruction, STEM challenges, and the list can go on (but let's be honest, I needed to get these ideas out now so that I don't forget them come this fall).

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy some time with my new baby boy all while trying to keep my terrible two-year old entertained on these 90 degree days where I don't even want to leave the house!


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment