Thursday, July 20, 2017

Technology Spotlight: Google Drawing

Today I spent the day at my mother-in-law's house. We got home, had dinner and of course both kids wanted me to put them to bed. So as I sit here tired, I really thought about just pushing this blog post to tomorrow, but it's my 6th post and I had to hold myself accountable. So here goes!

This week's technology spotlight will be on Google Drawings!

I work in a Google for Education county, which means that I have learned a lot about different Google apps. I have attended and presented at EdTech Summits, I completed the Google Certified Educator Level 2 training, and I have taught in a 1:1 chromebook classroom. With all of that being said, one of my favorite apps to use with students in Google Drawings.

This app is so versatile and easy to use. When you open a new drawing, you are opening a blank canvas that you (and more importantly your students) can transform into anything!

Below you will find a presentation about the basics of Google Drawing (click the image):

Here are a few ways that I have used Google Drawing in the classroom:

Graphic Organizer (students can type in it)
Day 4 Graphic Organizer.jpg
Student-created brochure 
Inside of Brochure - Halima Tiamiyu.jpg

Student-created timeline
Transportation Timeline - student example.jpg
Drag and Drop Questions
 TECR.jpg

Mind Maps
Character Sketch.jpg    
Anchor Charts
Accountable Talk.jpg

Interactive Text
Syntax Surgery.jpg

A few other ideas:
  • awards
  • binder covers
  • flyers/postcards
  • invitations
  • social media/website banners
  • labels
  • games

If you have other ways that you have used Google Drawing, leave a comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of these creative strategies!

    ReplyDelete