Monday, December 14, 2020

Marshmallows and Toothpicks Activity

I've got a super quick and easy activity to do with your young kids this week.

I created an activity for my daughter that helps her practice her letters, while also allowing her to use her hands to keep her busy. This idea was thought of when making all of those busy boxes (see previous post) a month ago.

Each slide shows how to create the shape or letter using toothpicks and marshmallows. Make sure to have a conversation about how we can create all of the letters with the toothpicks, but the shapes with curves are not going to look exactly the same since we are using straight toothpicks.

I also allowed my daughter to explore with the toothpicks and marshmallows. She enjoyed creating different towers and designs using the materials.

It kept her busy and that was the whole goal!

Click here to get your copy of the presentation.




Instagram: @mrspotterstyle
Twitter: @apotter730


No comments:

Post a Comment