Friday, July 24, 2020

Digital Literature Circles

Even though I am not teaching reading this year, I am looking through many of my resources on Google Drive and thinking about how they can be adapted to fit digital learning.


This Google Presentation has two options for you to choose from. You can use the presentation for the entire book club/literature circle book. (I set up 4 meetings for this option) You can also choose to use a different presentation for each time the students meet. I have a notes page in the beginning of the presentation that tells you which slides to delete based on the option you choose that will not mess up the links.

I use 5 roles in my literature circles: Summarizer, Questioner, Illustrator, Connector, and Word Wizard.
There are slides for each role to complete before the day that students will meet. There are also slides included that explain each role in the literature circle and a few resources that may help them complete the slide.

I suggest using Zoom or Google Meet to host the literature circle meetings. One person can share their screen to project the slides that were completed as each student shares in the literature circle.



Click on one of the images above or go to my RELA Resources page to access the presentation.

Instagram: @mrspotterstyle


No comments:

Post a Comment